The ex-communist Democratic Left Alliance (SLD) has said that once in power, it would seek to change laws to give the cabinet a voice in setting inflation targets, now solely decided by the central bank's 10-member Monetary Policy Council (MPC).
"The discussion should
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit