John Lipsky, the first deputy managing director of the Fund, said Wednesday: "In both the US and Europe, banks have raised substantial amounts of capital while writing down about $520 billion, compared to loss estimates of between $640 to $735 billion for banks and about $1.3 trillion for the entire global financial system."
Lipsky added that the finance sector's woe was "
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde