Hamad Saud Al-Sayari, the governor of the central bank, told reporters that the country's banks had liquidity and were taking additional deposits. Al-Sayari also said that the authority would provide liquidity if "needs from banks arise."
The governor's comments come as the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates announced details of how it
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says