Hamad Saud Al-Sayari, the governor of the central bank, told reporters that the country's banks had liquidity and were taking additional deposits. Al-Sayari also said that the authority would provide liquidity if "needs from banks arise."
The governor's comments come as the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates announced details of how it
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure