According to the European Central Bank just one counterfeit per day was recorded for every 59 million genuine banknotes in circulation.
In the first six months of 2002 officials in the 12 countries using the euro found 21,965 forgeries compared with more than 300,000 in
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?