The core CPI measure used excludes volatile fresh food prices. However, if energy costs were excluded as well, then the index would have actually fallen by 0.3%.
The recent changes to the calculation method of CPI by altering the base year from 2000 to 2005 and a revision of weights to modern consumption patterns are being held responsible for the low numbers. The new calculation method shaved aro
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart