"That would be a very bad idea if we voted as a group internally," King told a meeting of business people and community leaders in Birmingham, central England.
King was outvoted by the four outside members plus BoE chief economist Charles Bean on the MPC's decision to cut interest rates in August.
``We have seen a period of very rapid
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system