Industrial output rose 14.1% in April from a year earlier, well above a growth rate of 7.8% as predicted by economists.
Manufacturing and utilities did well, but mining performed badly.
"This would confirm that a recovery is underway," said Societe Generale's Cigdem Guclu.
The rise in output has convinced many economists that Turkey will achieve
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor