Industrial output rose 14.1% in April from a year earlier, well above a growth rate of 7.8% as predicted by economists.
Manufacturing and utilities did well, but mining performed badly.
"This would confirm that a recovery is underway," said Societe Generale's Cigdem Guclu.
The rise in output has convinced many economists that Turkey will achieve
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot