At an ECB conference, Issing said the adoption of the single currency itself would lead to further trade and financial integration for the new member states.
But he added: "(This) should not be misread as a prescription to adopt the euro overnight. Early adoption of the euro is
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré