Sources said that from that date, new banknotes would only be issued through wholesale distributors of banknotes such as commercial banks and government cashiers.
A press release from the bank stated that the operational change was being made to enable the CBG improve its strategic planning for
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations