The euro rose sharply on Friday afternoon after Trichet's comments that the European Central Bank may raise interest rates on 1 December.
He said: "After two years and a half of maintaining interest rates at a level that is exceptionally and historically low, I consider that the Governing Co
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS