The euro rose sharply on Friday afternoon after Trichet's comments that the European Central Bank may raise interest rates on 1 December.
He said: "After two years and a half of maintaining interest rates at a level that is exceptionally and historically low, I consider that the Governing Co
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory