Mr. Ahmed will succeed Mr. Thomas C. Dawson on May 1, 2006. Mr. Dawson will retire on April 30, after serving as the IMF's External Relations Director for six years (see Press Release No. 99/22).
The External Relations Department is the Fund's strategic center for public communication. It d
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor