Dr Kofi Wampah is economist who was head of the central bank's research department from 1996 to 2001. He has worked at the central bank for 15 years and was formerly director of research and statistics at the West African Monetary Institute. He replaces Mahamudu Bawumia in the central bank's Monetary Policy Committee.
Ghana is suffering from a vast and growing budget deficit a
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor