The BOJ should also be left to vote on monetary policy without government interference, Takatoshi Ito, a private-sector member of the Council on Economic and Fiscal Policy, told Reuters in the interview.
"The BOJ should make in
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say