The ECB celebrated its tenth anniversary last year, and the report looks back on what Jean-Claude Trichet, its president, describes as a decade of "relatively stable prices", with annual inflation averaging only 2% in the euro area.
With regard to fiscal policy, however, the relatively favourable fiscal outcomes of recent years were reversed in 2008 as the financial crisis developed and the macroeconomic environ
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor