At 3.4% in the year to December, inflation is now above the central bank's target range of 1-3%.
"We have an inflation problem and there are no signs of inflationary pressures easing,'' Fischer said on Sunday, 10 February, at a press conference.
"The result of a lowering would be that in a few months we need to raise them again," he added, citing historical e
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré