Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi said a gradual rise in prices would be good for the economy, Japanese media reported on Sunday, a comment likely to give ammunition to proponents of inflation-targeting.
In a campaign speech on Saturday ahead of upcoming parliamentary by-elections, Koizumi said an inflation rate of around o
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say