The Federal Reserve System moved Thursday to streamline its behind-the-scenes check-processing operations, citing Americans' increasing use of debit cards and other electronic payment options to pay bills. The move is likely to lead to several hundred job losses at the Federal Reserve.
Less than a year after the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston agreed to conduct a coast-to-coast study on ways to improve and streamline the nation's payment systems, Boston Fed president Cathy Minehan unveiled the
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
Back to Top