Blinder said Ben Bernanke's Senate hearing last week on his nomination as Federal Reserve chairman got less coverage than previous hearings.
"The last time that happened was in July 1987, when Alan Greenspan was first confirmed. Before that, it was Paul Volcker in July 1979. This newspaper's own coverage
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously