"The explanation is that hedge fund managers and central bankers - call them hedgies and bankies for short - do not think alike," Niall Ferguson, a professor of history at Harvard University, says.
"The grand panjandrum of the Federal Reserve, Chairman Ben S. Bernanke, has been learning the hard way that sometimes words can speak louder than actions," he says.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development