Central bank spokesman Igor Barat said that Sramko had received the award for his "cautious approach to the fulfilment of the requirements for the introduction of the euro and for strengthening bank supervision, which gained praise from the International Monetary Fund".
The magazine also praised the early entry of the Slovak currency into the ERM II exchang
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS