In a briefing for New Zealand's new government, Bollard said core inflation remains high even as economic growth is slowing. This makes setting interest rates ``challenging,'' he said.
``Securing a material further slowing in the pace at which domestic demand is growing is a priority,
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says