"There's no dismissal," Mantega told reporters as he reiterated Meirelles will stay put. "It's normal that the central bank at times plays an unfriendly role."
Meirelles has been criticized for cutting the country's benchmark interest rate, now at 13 perce
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde