"I believe that this (current) convergence program will not lead us to the euro," DowJones quoted Jarai as addressing a conference, in Frankfurt.
According to the newswire, he said the central bank is "very skeptical" of any plan for Hungary to meet the convergence criteria in 2011, adding it is "really difficult" to say the curre
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor