The MPC meeting on March 8, 2001 follows the delivery of Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown's budget to parliament on March 7, leading many economists to speculate that it will leave rates unchanged for fear of political controversy.
But MPC member Stephen Nickell said in an interv
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory