The MPC meeting on March 8, 2001 follows the delivery of Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown's budget to parliament on March 7, leading many economists to speculate that it will leave rates unchanged for fear of political controversy.
But MPC member Stephen Nickell said in an
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously