ARTICLE - Rates have remained unchanged at 4.75% in the eurozone - made up of the 12 EU countries who use the euro - since October, despite the sharp slowdown in US economic growth.Both the US Treasury Secretary, Paul O'Neill, and the head of the International Monetary Fund, Horst Kohler, have urged the ECB to cut interest rates to avert a global slowdown.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde