Bies departure will give President Bush another opportunity to put his stamp on the central bank.
Bies, 59, has been a governor at the Federal Reserve since 2001 said she plans to spend more time with her family.
She does not plan to attend the March 20-21 meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee.
"Sue's invaluable contributions to both monetary and regulatory policy a
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor