The payment was described as an "interim payment", pending settlement of the Bank's full legal bill.
The Bank estimates its full bill for the 12-year litigation at more than £80m, including about £8m interest.
Nicholas Stadlen, QC for the Bank of England,
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde