JAPAN - The International Monetary Fund Tuesday cautioned the Japanese Government not to slacken its efforts to combat deflation and structural problems, warning that additional steps were necessary to combat serious weaknesses in the world's second-largest economy.
However, as we reported last week, Bank of Japan (BOJ) Governor Masaru Hayami said on Thursday he expected prices to continue to fall gradually as the economy deteriorated further although pressure from weak exports and excess inve
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
Back to Top