Source: Bloomberg News
Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan said he would accept a fifth term should President George W. Bush reappoint him, putting to rest talk that the 77- year-old central banker might bow out next year.
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say