The Bank's two deputy governors, Mervyn King and David Clementi, as well as Iain Plenderleith voted against the 0.25% cut in the base lending rate.
The minutes show that the Bank's rate-setting body, the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), was aware that a rate cut could worsen the imbalances in the economy between st
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?