Zimbabwe has outlawed of individuals holding cash exceeding five million Zimbabwean dollars (US$6,250) in another attempt to halt the cash crisis, reports the Sunday Times in South Africa.
"It will be a criminal offence for any individual to be in possession of cash exceeding five million dollars at any time," according to a notice published on Monday by the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe summarising the new law.
"This cash may be in their physical possession, on any premises or land or simply unde
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power