Mkulo's remarks follow the dismissal of Daudi Ballali as governor of the Bank of Tanzania last month. Ballali was fired by President Jakay Kikwete after an audit revealed that the central bank had improperly paid $116m to 22 companies between 2005 and 2006.
"In view of the bad image now of the Bank of Tanzania we
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot