"My priorities will be the fight against poverty and corruption," Ntisezerana said after his appointment, according to Reuters.
A replacement to the central bank will be named in the coming days, the report said.
The central African nation's president, Pierre Nkurunziza, sacked former Second Vice President Marine Baram
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations