Second-quarter gross domestic product (GDP) was the same as in the first quarter, and only 1% up on the same period of 2000, the bank said.
But even that performance was better than had been feared by some.
Yesterday, 15 August, the influential DIW economic institute calculated that the economy contracted in the second quarter, and recorded only 0.7% annual g
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power