The row between Drnovsek and Prime Minister Janez Jansa could trigger a crisis, the newswire said, since the term of the current governor, Mitja Gaspari, expires on 31 March.
Drnovsek's candidate - vice governor Andrej Rant - is unlikely to get support in parliament, which is
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations