"It's unusual for a policy maker to comment like this, and the implication is their currency is a good sell," according to Sarah Hewin, an economist at American Express Bank, who was speaking to Bloomberg.
"Undoubtedly relative interest-rate differentials are one reason why the dollar looks a good buy at the moment," said Lomax, spea
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms