He was appointed by President Mahinda Rajapaksa to fill the vacancy left by the previous governor's resignation.
Nivard Cabraal, an accountant by profession, succeeds Sunil Mendis who relinquished his post recently for personal reasons.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations