The Bank of Korea said that as of 23 December the proportion of short-term deposits that financial institutions will be required to put aside will be raised from 5% to 7%. The move is the first change in this policy in 16 years.
The move comes amid fears the effect of surging property prices could have on the economy, though the governor stressed th
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde