After a relatively small change in the third quarter, the BIS data banks' external claims shrank by 5.4% in the three months to January to $31 trillion, the largest reduction ever recorded in a single quarter.
Claims denominated in dollars and yen dropped 6% and 15% respectivel
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting