Merkel's praise contrasts with the string of remarks she made last year, which appeared to question the ECB's monetary policies.
Since the outbreak of the credit crisis in the latter half of 2007, Merkel has, however, softened her stance and sought to distance herself somewhat from other political critics of the ECB, notably French president,
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power