Neelie Kroes said she would vote in favor of opening a formal procedure if the proposal was brought to the commission.
Earlier this week we reported that European Internal Market Commissioner Charlie McCreevy favoured action against Italy, criticising Bank of Italy governor Antonio Fazio for going against the spirit of EU competition laws.
"I am backing Charlie McC
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde