Banks worldwide emerged in surprisingly robust shape last year from a severe economic downturn but have now taken risky bets in their quest for profits, said the BIS, the central bank to the world's central banks, in its annual review.
"The main concern is whether the financial sector, having escaped the slowdown relatively unscathe
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting