"The empirical evidence overwhelmingly shows that on a long term basis one cannot expect to gain a higher rate of growth by accepting a higher rate of inflation," Papademos said in response to a question at a conference of economic policy and the new sources of growth in Europe.
The ECB is currently reviewing its
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations