Old bills will be used indefinitely and can be exchanged for new ones without identification, said BOK Gov. Park Seung.
To counter the proliferation of forgery, Park said the bank would add seven high-tech anti-counterfeit features to the new bank notes and trim the size of the bills to make them easier to use.
"We should have done this
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde