Following the independent audit, the BoJ has launched an emergency in-house investigation targeting some 2,000 employees at its head and branch offices, accounting for 40 percent of its total workforce, informed sources were quoted as saying.
The BoJ "takes seriously the fact tha
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say