Kroszner's departure will leave three of the seats on the Fed's seven-strong governor panel vacant. However, one of these will soon be filled when Daniel Tarullo, who was nominated in December by President-elect Barack Obama, was sworn in.
Kroszner, whose term as governor expired at the end of January 2008, will re-join the Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago.
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré