Toshihiko Fukui, the former governor, stepped down on Wednesday 19 March without an official replacement after the opposition Democratic Party of Japan rejected the government's second nominee for the role.
Masaaki Shirakawa, whose deputy governor nomination was approved last week and who has 34 years'-worth of experience at the central bank, will serve as acting governor until a permanent r
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations