"Even if major banks dispose of their bad loans further from current levels, overall they should be able to maintain considerable capital adequacy ratios," Yanagisawa told the Upper House plenary session.
A capital adequacy ratio of 8% is required under international law.
Yangisawa's comments aim to downpla
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde