The Bank's data on the average interest charge of four fixed-rate mortgage deals showed that costs for homeowners are now at their highest levels since 2000, when the Bank's benchmark rate stood at 6%.
Costs for five-year fixed rate deals with a loan-to-vale ratio of 95% rose from at the end of May 6.98% to 7.15%, their highest level sin
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde