"I have a very high regard for Chairman Bernanke," Mr Paulson told the Senate Finance Committee at a confirmation hearing for his own appointment. "I have strong confidence that he is going to do what's right to maintain price stability consistent with long-term growth."
The strong vote of confidence from Mr Paulson comes after some signs
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency